What you need:
– 1/2 chicken breast, sliced into strips
– five spice powder
– salt and white pepper
– 2 servings of angel hair pasta
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1 tsp shallots, sliced thinly
– 1 tsp chili flakes
– 4 tbsp light soy sauce
– 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
– 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/2 tbsp water
– 1/2 white onion, sliced thinly
– 1/3 cup carrots, sliced thinly
– 1/2 cup bean sprouts
– fresh coriander leaves
– fresh chives, cut into small pieces
Cook the angel hair pasta and set aside.
Sprinkle the chicken strips with five spice powder, salt, and white pepper. Set aside.
Sauté minced garlic and sliced shallots in light olive oil until fragrant. Add the chicken strips and cook until meat becomes white. Add the chili flakes. Add the light soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, cooking wine, and water and mix together. Add the carrots and bean sprouts and cook until tender. Add the white onions. When the sauce is boiling, add the cornstarch mixture and mix until sauce thickens a bit. Pour in the cooked pasta and mix all together. Serve with coriander leaves and chives.