This recipe is adapted from Tastemade . There is a video on the link that shows you how it’s done step by step. My eldest son who isn’t fond of vegetables loves it and that makes me one happy mom!
What you need:
- 12 lasagna sheets (Doña Elena)
- 4 oz frozen spinach
- 7 oz cottage cheese (200g Pure and Fresh Cottage Cheese)
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz mozarrella cheese, slices
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz tomato sauce (Del Monte Tomato Sauce)
- extra virgin olive oil
I bought most of my ingredients from Landmark Supermarket except for the frozen spinach that I bought from SNR. In the video, the lasagna sheets were cut in half, but the lasagna sheets that I bought need not be cut anymore since they are the right size already.
For reference, this was the brand of lasagna that I bought.
- Thaw the frozen spinach.
- Cook the lasagna sheets al dente according to package instructions.
- Mix the spinach, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, and garlic together. Add some salt and pepper.
- Place the lasagna sheets on any flat surface. Spread the spinach filling over the lasagna sheets and roll them up.
- Spread half of the tomato sauce onto the bottom of a square pan (Pyrex). Arrange the lasagna rolls into the pan with seams facing down. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top. Put mozarrella on top of the rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes and the cheese are melted.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top. Lastly, sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley.